Casualty Investigation Training – SUMMER COURSE!
Dates: week 28 (8-11 July), week 30 (22-25 July), week 36 (2-6 September), the latter in conjunction with World Port Days Rotterdam (6-8 September 2019). Maximum of 12 participants each course!*
Experiencing near misses or even worse, accidents? Do you like to learn from these incidents? Wondering why people fail? You see a decline in efficiency? Seeking resilient performance?
Despite many new technologies, the human element is the most important and valuable asset. We offer you a 5-day summer course with a state-of-the-art Casualty Investigation Training (CIT), the gateway to learn the relevant and proven tools for learning from near misses and incidents.
The CIT will improve your knowledge and understanding of:
- Mechanisms behind incidents
- Basics on Human factors
- Organizational Resilience
- Interviewing, effective use of communication and reporting (in writing)
- Theory turned in practice with use of case studies
We offer three levels;
- Basic – for the eager starter who is searching for the right processes to use in investigating near misses and incidents, 3-day course €1200, excluding venue
- Advanced – for those with a minimum of 3 years proven experience in the field, 5-day course €1895, excluding venue
- Signature – for the seasoned professional who will act as Investigator in Charge and want to be prepared for major accident investigation, 5-day course €2000, excluding venue
The summer course combines best of Basic and Advanced with additional information on Organizational Resilience.
We believe people learn more in cross sector environments. Team leads, QA and HSE personnel and others from transport and logistics, construction, maritime & offshore, healthcare or other sectors, with a keen interest in root causes of near misses and incidents, who do want to improve on performance are welcome to join!
*Note: The summer course venue will be near Rotterdam. (45-minute train ride from Schiphol/Amsterdam airport).
Please note subscriptions/payments must be done 21 days in advance of course start.
INTERGO/Mizzen Global reserve the right to cancel the course when not reaching the minimum required number of participants. Price: €1795, including all costs for four overnight stays with breakfast, lunch, dinner and coffee/tea/refreshments. Course material included and an Organizational Resilience Health check for free!
Please contact us for further details!
Contacts Casualty Investigation Training
Gert-Jan Kamps MSc
Thom Koning MM MSc
Casualty Investigation trainers at the European Maritime Safety Agency